Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

These Boots Were Made for Walking, but Not in the Rain

It's always a little disappointing to wake up to rain, and this morning it was bucketing down.  Actually I love being inside tucked up in a blanky when it's raining, however it's just when I want to get out & about its frustrating.

Thankfully it takes a lot to deter us so off we ventured with brollies in hand.  2 mins out the door & we were pretty soaked but we soldiered on with our greatest concern trying to keep our cameras dry.  Unsure why we took them with us as it was just too wet to take any shots, but we're forever the optimists & you never know when that cheeky sun might pop out again.  Some days I think we're slightly demented rather than optimistic as this rain was going nowhere, but down, on our heads.  Anyhoo onwards & upwards.


  


We finally took shelter at Caves LeGrand which was the best decision we'd made all day.  A delicious platter of cheese & some red really helped take the chill off & was the perfect place to spend the afternoon.  Extremely friendly & helpful waiting staff just topped it off. 

 

 

   

  

 I thought my feet were just cold when we arrived home, however as I was wringing out my socks (yep it really had been that wet) I was absolutely devo when I realised I'd worn a hole in my boots & my right heel was hanging on by a thread.  Eek!  These boots were a part of me...I loved them!  This was the second trip we'd made to France & I just can't imagine coming back next time without them.  

Hang in there my friends, just a few more days until we're back home & I can get you resoled.  Dig deep...you can do it! x


No comments:

Post a Comment