Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

The Pink & Blue Cafe

Petit Henri came in very handy when we needed to stock up on supplies.  We'd take off down the hill to Beaumes de Venise about 7.5kms from La Roque Alric & head to our coffee spot for a caffeine fix before hitting the boulangerie & supermarket.

 Looks can be deceiving as Lou Castelet's Bar & Brasserie didn't conjure up images of a great coffee, however being desperate one day we thought we'd give it a go.  Lou was lovely, unsure if his name was actually Lou but that's what I was going with, but could never understand why we always chose to sit outside under the tree even when it was cold.  He always played along though & would deliver our coffees, smile & depart. We called it The Pink & Blue Cafe as Lou always gave Aggie the blue cup & me the pink.  Aggie did pose the question one day "Does he think I'm a guy?".  Who knew what was going through Lou's brain...he didn't come across as much of a talker.

Driving into town on this beautiful sunny morning Aggie let out a squeal of delight as she'd spotted a market.  I was relieved as I thought I may have been veering over to the wrong side of the road & in danger of mowing down a pedestrian.  We were excited to say the least.  We had no clue what the market consisted of, but the bar wasn't high after only 3 stalls at our last attempt.  Our coffees would have to wait as the market was calling.



Oh my the produce looked good...




But the seafood looked even better.  I don't think I've ever seen such big scallops!  

Check out the bad boys below...photo taken after Aggie had done her magic with butter & lemon that night.  Oh mon dieu I wish we had have bought 16 rather than 8 as they were the plumpest, sweetest scallops I've ever tasted.  I possibly dreamt about them that night.

 


 

 

With our bags overflowing it was time for our date with Lou.  Yep it had been quite the morning, but our cafe cremes were calling.

 


Lou was nowhere to be seen, but would you believe our waiter gave Aggie the pink cup & I got the blue.

Maybe we'd been overthinking it & Lou knew all along Aggie was definitely a lady.  Just like us preferring to sit outside under the tree, Lou had his habits too.  

Love your work, you do a great cafe creme. x

No comments:

Post a Comment