Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

Round 2 - Ding Ding

Waking up Saturday morning I was very excited to be heading out to get our double cafe cremes to takeaway, or as I like to refer to it "Round 2 with Geoffrey".  

Geoffrey & I had a history.  Week 1 in Paris I would go in to order our take away coffees in French, Geoffrey would respond in English & it just went on & on with neither of us budging.

I'd had 2 weeks prep in Provence & was looking forward to our next bout. 

On the walk there Coach Aggie was prepping me the whole way..."Are you feeling confident? Will you buckle under pressure? How are you gonna play it? Are your hammies tight?".  We'd done everything we could & the time had come...I was going in.

Coach waited outside as she thought it may have been uncomfortable to watch & just a little embarrassing.  I was cool with that...less pressure.

The minutes ticked away & I kept glancing outside at Coach.  She had started to pace up & down the sidewalk...she looked worried.

Time to make my grand exit... 

I stepped outside, playing it cool.



Didn't have the heart to tell her Geoffrey wasn't working, so just smiled sweetly for the camera.


In some strange way it just wasn't the same without Geoffrey there.  As we walked off with our coffees in hand, I hoped he wasn't off work on Post Traumatic Stress leave as our last encounter had been, well, stressful.

Speedy recovery if so my friend. 
Take care. x


2 comments:

  1. Hi Girls-sitting here in Melbourne, 12C, wet and cold , reading this is actually a form of torture! The weather looks perfect, food -mouth watering, scenery- breathtaking, blog-hilarious...just waiting to see if the bum shots are getting air-brushed as we progress from one banquet to the next? Keep up the good work...Love Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina if I was that skilled & knew how to airbrush I probably would have given it a crack. Note to self: learn how to airbrush before next trip. x

    ReplyDelete