Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Bonjour Paris!


It's 18 months since I was last in Paris & made the big statement "I'm going to start my own blog".  Being a glass half full kinda gal I thought I was all over it.  Unfortunately18 months flew by & I left it until day 5 of my holiday to get it up & running - I mean how hard could it be?  Well actually quite hard I realised as I sat looking at my iPad waiting for inspiration.  Feeling quite unenthused I was so excited when Aggie (not her real name...she's not a dentist it's merely her French alter ego) my partner in crime (by crime I mean we read crime novels & partner as in travel buddy) said she'd help me start my blog. Oh mon dieu I was so into it for the first 3 1/2 minutes feeling totally fabulous & like I'd really got my blog on, however my fabulousness was short lived when I couldn't even add my profile pic.  The blog high was fading fast & called for desperate measures.

Hmmm what to do...maybe have some food.  I mean it had been hours since our last meal, well at least 2, and I thought I just needed to refuel & have a little rest.  After all we had walked over 20km that day in heels.  OK flat boots, but still a solid effort.  Aggie whipped up a delicious salad leaving me to toss it.  Unsure if I'd used all my energy trying to be creative as I attempted the toss several times but appeared to have lost all motor skills & ended up with food everywhere but in the bowls.  Finally got it together & proceeded to talk about all things French, what we were going to do tomorrow, the fabulous pics we'd take for our blogs (she has an amazing blog that I love reading which comes in really useful when we travel as I log on each day to see what I've been up to - who needs a journal?).  Unfortunately we talked ourselves out & it was time to get some serious zzzz's happening as le petit dejeuner wasn't too far away.  

Bonne nuit x




No comments:

Post a Comment