Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

When Aggie met Hans(ie)

The day started out like any other really...le petit dejeuner on the terrace discussing our plans for the day, the birds chirping happily away in the background.  Ah bliss.

We were excited to be going back to our "local" l'Acacia en Provence which we'd discovered a few days earlier.  It was a great little find as we hadn't realised there was a restaurant in the village.

As always we took off for our morning walk to work up an appetite.  Not that we needed to work hard on the latter as we always seem to have an appetite, but it just helps justify another 3 course meal.

It was such a beautiful morning as we wandered through the countryside taking in the fresh country air.  Neither of us wear a watch & are guided by Aggie's "gut clock" (give or take 1/2 hr she's generally spot on) or if we've been shopping we go by the time on the credit card receipt.  Aggie's gut clock was saying it was time...oh goodie.

  

  

I was ecstatic as the menu de jour had cod as the main...yummo.  To our utmost delight it also included prawns which we'd been craving for weeks.  Could this day possibly get any better?


 

Yep pannacotta for dessert...oh my.  Aggie said the consistency of a pannacotta should be that of the wobble of a fat lady's boob.  My dessert was absolutely delish, however I think it had had implants as there wasn't  a lot of wobble going on.


Remember earlier I asked could today possibly get any better?  Well apparently so.  

We were waiting for our cafe cremes when Hans walked into the restaurant...cue swoon music.  The scene was like something out of a movie...tall, dark & handsome, what more could we ask for on a sunny day in Provence.


I informed Aggie within 2 mins flat of his arrival that this was her future husband & to start working it sista.  She exclaimed "What, we're leaving in 10 mins!".  "Chop chop!!" I replied.  At this point she wasn't taking it seriously...see her laughing above, however I was already snapping away with shots that the grand kids would treasure.  Kids, the basketball sitting on your grandmother's right shoulder is actually grandpa.

Aggie still had a lot of questions as she had her back to him & was relying on me for details. Is he clean...yep, does he have legs...aha 2 (this is in reference to what we've putting out to the universe lately...we're trying to be very specific as dogs, of the 4 legged variety, keep befriending us), is he strong...most definitely & he looks like he could throw you over his shoulder & carry you home from Le Berroux if you happen to overeat (again).  Seriously what more could a girl want??

Meanwhile I'm still crazily snapping away.  I got a little carried away with the angle of my shot at one stage & leaned just that bit too far over & nearly went sideways off my chair...subtle...not. Aggie totally lost it, but I know deep down she really appreciated my commitment.

    

I think once she got her head around the fact he had legs she composed herself again.  Hmmm someone's feeling quite chuffed with herself.


Hans (not his real name, although I guess it could have been as we were never formally introduced) turned out to be an absolutely lovely guy & offered to take some photos of the 2 of us together. Admittedly I did think at one point he was taking off with Aggie's camera as he walked out of the restaurant with it, but all good as he was just shooting us through a bush (possibly a professional photographer as he was quite creative - Aggie another tick as we looooove photography...just sayin).

Well this is where the story ends for now as we're busy chicks & had big plans for the afternoon (deciding on wardrobe for market day in Le Barroux tomorrow could take hours).

Time to say au revoir to Aggie's beau, but can only hope he's staying in town as I see a bright future for these two (in my mind they're practically engaged, I mean he went to the trouble to shoot us from behind a bush after all).


Worst case scenario if it all goes pear shaped with Hans, Aggie will always have her very loyal four legged friend. x

1 comment: