Pages

Monday 15 December 2014

A Christmas Picnic


I love being around people who get into the Christmas spirit and was delighted when I got my friend Aggie's invite to her annual Christmas Picnic.

We'd spoken about it during the week and thought we had all the big issues covered (big issues = wardrobe).  Waking up that morning, however, I had to totally rethink, well, everything.  The skies had really opened up and the weather Gods were sending down bucketloads of rain rather than sunshine - hmmppff just a little bit mean guys.  Unsure if they were intentionally messing with our tiny little minds, or if they'd had a big night and mucked up their seasons.  Anyhoo it would take more than a little (OK lot of) rain to deter me and I simply swapped my thongs for my boots, my sunscreen for my umbrella, and off I choofed.

Couldn't contain my excitement when I saw the slabs of butter and let out a little squeal of delight (in my mind I thought it was on the inside, however when one of the kids near me jumped, I suspect it was audible).  Oh mon dieu.






Aggie's little helper.



What a spread!  Even though the day may have been a little miserable I don't think anyone really noticed as all eyes were on the fabulous dishes Aggie had prepared.  Amazing colours that just made me smile....and want to dig in.



Now I'm not really a meringue girl at all, or at least that's what I thought.  However these bad boys smashed over the stewed fruit with a dollop of creme fraiche on top were truly my favourite dish of the day.

Showing absolutely zero willpower I had to go back for seconds.






And the food just went on and on...these mini cupcakes disappeared by the handful!


 
As full as I was I still managed to fit in a delicious little Christmas Angel for dinner.  Well it would be plain rude not to. x


2 comments:

  1. Merci Beaucoup my friend. ..can never have enough french butter! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - I've only now seen your comment Aggie. Really need to get my blog on again! x

    ReplyDelete