Pages

Saturday 24 May 2014

A Birthday Lunch in the 5th

Arriving in Paris sans luggage not ideal, but sometimes you just have to suck it up & soldier on.  Aggie & I are chicks who just get on with it & adjust to the situation at hand, however having a timeframe to work to is a must...we like to be organised! Being told our luggage would arrive the next day was manageable.  After all it was Aggie's birthday lunch at Les Papilles which we'd been looking forward to since our last trip & already had the outfits planned.  In our minds we looked absolutely fabulous, in reality Aggie was in thongs & I still had my compression socks on from the flight the day before.  Relax...I had boots on so no-one was the wiser, but it was far from the look we had in mind.

Thank goodness for Kitty our very dear friend who flew in from Dublin to stay with us for the weekend.  We had very little in the way of chick stuff & she well & truly came to the rescue with make-up etc for the big day out.  Unfortunately I was so excited to see her that I was multi tasking big time - applying bronzer whilst yabbering away.  I turned away from the mirror still yabbering & going hard with the brush.  When I turned back round I realised I'd gone from Caucasian to Negro in a few swift strokes...oopsy. We took a vote and it was agreed I'd definitely got my black on, but as we needed to skedaddle I had to go as was.

Luckily it was raining when we hit the street & I suspect the top layer washed off as when we got to the restaurant it was decided I looked more Mexican than Negro.  Care factor zero as I was ready to eat!



Needless to say when you're in the company of great friends, nothing else matters.  

Joyeux anniversaire Aggie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment