Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

Pain & Chocolat

I've named my thighs...Pain & Chocolat.  

May sound odd to some, but to Aggie it came as no surprise.  She's seen how quickly I can polish off a pain au chocolat for brekky most mornings...love em.  Being the professionals that we are, lots of research has again gone into finding the perfect specimen & copious amounts of pain au chocolats have been eaten.  The big news is...wait for it as it's Rule No 3...we will only eat them heated in the oven first.  Yep we've become quite the spoilt little princesses over the last few weeks, it's just how we're rolling.

Anyhoo I digress as my tale today is about wardrobe selection / Chef Dave & a 9km walk.  Stay with me as it all ties in.

Today would be the last time we'd get to eat Chef Dave's amazing dishes on this trip.  I suspect by now he thought he had 2 stalkers as we'd eaten there quite a few times over the last week or so & I think we even told him we loved him.  Again things get lost in translation & I'm sure we said we love your food, but maybe we said we love you.  From the attitude of Corrine, our waitress, I suspect it may have been the latter.  I definitely felt there was some sexual tension between the 2 of them.  Pffft who knows.

Speaking of food this was yesterday's dish...again the gnocchi.  Just can't seem to get enough of that butter, cream, seafood & garlic!  Apologies, I just started thinking about it & had to pop in a pic.


Back to Pain & Chocolat.  

I'm a pants girl, especially when travelling as I like to boot up (I could seriously walk from Provence to Paris in them), however today I made the big statement "Might wear a dress".  Aggie nearly fell over & was unsure if I was serious or not.  

I just thought it would be a nice thing to do, make an effort for Chef Dave and all as it would be our last meal together, well on this trip anyway.  Admittedly the temperature had risen & it was going to be damn hot walking 9kms in long boots, but Dave if you're reading this, it was all for you buddy.

After all my pain au chocolat testing, not to mention a 3 course meal most days, I started to get concerned.  Had Pain & Chocolat packed on a few extra cms, would there be chafing, would Pain & Chocolat have some very up close & personal "intimate" moments together on this little outing?  These were the big questions.

To be honest I don't mind a challenge & I was willing to give it a red hot crack.  A little chafing wasn't going to stop me.

We got there in record time & was delighted as they had tables set up outside.  Oh goodie...all our favourite things...food, wine, outside under a tree.  Win/win.  

The menu today sounded more Italian than French & at one stage we  wondered if we'd actually walked further than we thought & ended up in Italy (after all our walking over the last few weeks we regarded ourselves as elite athletes so anything was possible).

 

    

 

 

Oh my, Chef Dave you've done it again.  Absolutely delicious!

Now here's the kicker...I don't eat red meat (not because I'm a wowser, my body just can't digest it) but I ate 2 meat dishes, yep 2.  Admittedly didn't eat it all, but a big merci beaucoup Chef Dave for upping my iron intake. 

 


All in all a lovely day.  The dress went well & Pain & Chocolat are getting along nicely, but keeping their distance from each other.  Fingers crossed it stays that way. x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment