Pages

Friday 20 June 2014

Back In My Hood...

I love Sunday mornings.  It generally starts with me waking up with hunger pains, followed by a quick "Starvin Marvin...hungry?" text to my friend who lives a hop, skip & a jump away.  Madam G (her name isn't Marvin, although it is quite catchy) never disappoints and usually responds quickly with a "You betcha...meet you on the corner".
 
We're very good and always like to include some exercise, and unless it's raining buckets we tend to walk to our location "choice of the day", which in my simple little mind justifies a big brekky.  We live in Prahran, are spoilt for choice, and the hardest decision on a Sunday is what we feel like eating which generally determines which direction we head.  Today we'd decided on "Two Dudes Kitchen".


 I love this place.  The staff are super friendly, the coffee's awesome (this is how they describe it on their website & I can't argue) & I've never arrived & not been greeted with a smile.  Moustache Dude was there in fine form with a big smile on his dial, however Hat Dude was nowhere to be seen.  To be honest I'm not sure I have ever seen him.  Although maybe he is there incognito...minus the hat?

.

Hooroo dudes, I'm all fuelled up & ready to hunt down some almond meal as I'm going to make something fabulous this afternoon.  Thank goodness the sun was shining & it was a gorgeous winter's day as the hunt turned into a bigger outing than expected.  Who would have thought almond meal could be that hard to find...thanks Thomas Dux for coming through with the goods.

As I'm still having withdrawals from drinking coffees as big as my head, I had to grab a roadie on the way home.  Please don't judge...let me just dream I'm still in Paris!


 I love my weekends. x

No comments:

Post a Comment