Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

A Rainy Sunday

Thank goodness I'd organised brekky with a couple of friends this morning or I might have pulled the doona over my head and not surfaced.  Brrr it looked cold outside and about to bucket down. 

Slowly getting ready to head outside & brave the cold, not feeling too enthused at all, I let out a little yippee as I remembered I'd bought a new beanie.  Yay it was finally cold enough to take it out for a test run.  A new item of clothing is always an immediate mood shifter for me (I'm such a girl), so I gloved & booted up, whacked the beanie on (oh my I was very pleased with my purchase...thank you Witchery) and with brolley in hand, practically skipped off to Chapel Street.  This little lady was feeling good.



Today's choice was Lucky Penny

Now generally if I head to Chapel Street I stick to the Windsor end, however I'm glad I ventured a little further this morning.  This little gem only opened last month but already it seems to have quite the following. 

From the moment we arrived we felt the love.  The staff were genuinely friendly and the service was great - attentive, but not intrusive.  I'm glad we got there early as by the time we were leaving it was absolutely chockers, however the staff were totally chilled and took it in their stride.
 

 
 
 
My poached eggs with smashed avocado, chilli oil, sour cream and rocket and mint salad absolutely hit the spot.  These eggs tasted as delicious as they looked and I was one happy little Vegemite.
 
Note to self:  Be mindful when dipping into the chilli oil to avoid talking while doing so as I wasn't paying attention and it truly took my breath away.  I take full responsibility for making my own eyes water, but just go easy...it's all I'm sayin. 
 
      
 

Mmm coffee was so good I had to have two.
 
Thanks Lucky Penny...I'll be back. x

No comments:

Post a Comment