Pages

Thursday 12 June 2014

Au revoir Paris!

The time has come to say au revoir to Paris after another fabulous holiday.

Both Aggie & I usually feel a little sad when we're leaving to come home, however we had a plan to ease the pain.  Let's start organising our return trip for next year (to be honest it was the only way we'd get on the plane to fly home).  Yep we were all over it like a fat kid on a Mille Feuille.
 
Once we had our new "mindset" in place our whole attitude changed and we were ready to go out for our last pain au chocolat and coffee as big as our head.  Fabulous.

About to walk out the door when the phone rang.  It was definitely a "Bling Ring".  We froze.  The phone had been ringing the last couple of days and we had chosen to ignore it, however the time had come to bite the bullet & take the call from Bling.
Approaching the phone with the Jaws theme song running through my mind, I tentatively reached down to pick it up, closing my eyes & taking a deep breath.  "Bonjour" I said in my happiest, friendliest voice.  "Bonjour, blah, blah, blah" I hear.  Yep it was definitely Bling and she was in fine form.  I could have eaten a pain au chocolat and downed half my coffee by the time I got a word in as she was on a roll.  God bless her, if she told me once she told me 5 times that she needed to come by to make sure all shutters and windows were locked, no taps had been left on, make sure we knew where to leave the keys, and to ensure that the door was locked when we left.  Standard procedure one would think, but Bling likes to get her point across.  I understood it the first time she went through it all, I'm brilliant I know, however saying yes I understand, oui, and I think I even may have pulled out a si at one point, she continued to go on, and on, and on.  I tried to tell her it was fine to come by even if we weren't there as we were on our way out to eat, but she wasn't getting my hungry vibe at all.  As I'm looking at Aggie rolling my eyes, and cocking my finger to my head ready to pull the trigger, I'm starting to get concerned that we may miss our flight.  I mean it was a few hours away but once Bling is on a roll there's no stopping her.  She's like a perfumed steamroller!
 
Unsure how I did it, but I finally hung up and we raced out the door before we heard the clickety clack of her heels on the stairs as we did not want to be in the apartment when she did her inspection".  Bling on a full tummy is still quite the challenge, but we would not want to go there on an empty stomach (remember we're not good when food deprived).

I probably should explain a little here about the apartment.  On this trip we wanted a terrace and we had been totally spoiled with our first apartment as it ticked all the boxes.  This apartment definitely had the view to die for, however the second bedroom left a little to be desired and we'd dubbed it "the dungeon".  It sat above the elevator and was extremely noisy - couldn't hear any people, but the mechanics scared the heck out of us.  Every time I got woken up I thought there was a dishwasher in the room.  Not ideal...in a bedroom.

The main bedroom on the mezzanine was lovely, spacious and quiet so we decided to drag the mattress up from the dungeon on the first floor to the second level and place it in the living area.  Problem solved.  We were very proud of ourselves, but shaking in our boots just in case Bling decided to "drop by" when we were out.  Check out our handiwork.

 

We were chuffed, but Bling honestly would have ripped us a new one had she seen this.

Needless to say we fled the apartment before she arrived, fuelled up, had one last shop (just a wee one), & even had a few moments to enjoy our view one last time before heading to the airport.  We made sure we took lots of pics as we definitely won't be staying in this apartment again.

By the time we departed the apartment looked fabulous once we'd put everything back in its rightful place & I'm sure Bling would have been impressed, or at the very least happy that the windows & shutters were closed, no taps running etc.  Jeez we're good.



Ah Paris...until next time. x

No comments:

Post a Comment