Pages

Friday 19 June 2015

Meme du Quercy

Heading from Paris to the Midi-Pyrenees the topic of conversation was food.  A total shock to most of you I'm sure.

We hadn't researched this region much at all and thought we'd deal with it when we got there.  I love how we roll.

Didn't take us long at all to work out le canard ruled this region. Duck dishes dominated menus wherever we went, to the point there was even a restaurant in Toulouse called Duck Me!  I'm not kidding.

Anyway the time had come to "duck up" if you like, and we waddled off to Meme du Quercy in Figeac to see what all the fuss was about.







We couldn't go past the cassoulet.  The photos don't do it justice as visually it's not a feast at all, however it was a different story come the taste buds.  There was so much flavour in this dish, the duck was cooked to perfection and fell off the bone, and there was even some pork in there for good measure giving it that extra kick.

This meal was filling and we were relieved we hadn't ordered the menu de jour as there was no way we could have fitted in dessert (practically unheard of) let alone an entree.





However we did make sure we had room for a coffee - an espresso today as a cafe creme may have tipped us over the edge.


Duck is not generally a dish I order as I find it quite rich, however if I was going to have duck anywhere in France I'm glad I tried it at Meme du Quercy.

Sorry Duck Me - it just wasn't meant to be. x



No comments:

Post a Comment