Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Pastries as big as my head

Oh Cardaillac Boulangerie you had me at baguette but my adoration levels have soared with your pain au chocolat!

Will you have a look at the size of these bad boys?


Delicious sweet smells flooded the kitchen as we eagerly awaited these two monsters to heat up in the oven.  Once you've eaten a warm pain au chocolat there's no going back.

After what seemed like hours (I'm sure it was actually minutes) Aggie gave the all clear - they were ready.

I could barely get my mouth around the layers of pastry - of course I did - but again just trying to emphasise how big they actually were.  Each butter filled layer nearly burnt, but not quite, made my taste buds shimmy.  Oh mon dieu these pastries were cooked to perfection.  With each bite the chocolat oozed out into my mouth, and a couple of times dripped down my chin.  Didn't even bother to wipe it off as I thought I'd just save it for later.

I will leave you now as I ponder how I will ever eat another pain au chocolat from anywhere but the Cardaillac Boulangerie.  I suspect you've ruined me forever. x

No comments:

Post a Comment