Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Brooklyn...We Made It

After months of planning - OK not a lot of planning - more a case of a passing comment over a cheeky pinot one Friday night "New York for New Year?", our flights were booked by the following Monday lunchtime.  Kaboom.  It's just how my friend Aggie & I roll.  God I love us.

With Christmas behind us the time had come & it was now time to pack the case & head to the airport.

Not all went exactly to plan as unfortunately I'd picked up some crazy tummy bug that apparently wanted to travel overseas with me.  I won't go into any further detail other than to say it was the longest flight to Hong Kong I've ever had as most of it was spent with my elbows on the toilet seat and head in the bowl.  Not ideal, but I can only be grateful I have strong quads & could squat rather than kneel on the toilet floor.

On the positive side the flight from Hong Kong to New York was much better as I spent most of it in my seat.  Yay me.

Such a relief to finally arrive and first thing on the agenda, regardless of where we are in the world, is to dump the bags & hunt down a latte.  Brooklyn, our home for the next 10 days, was no different.

The latte from Hungry Ghost was deliciously creamy and really hit the spot.  Well that was Aggie's verdict anyway.  Unfortunately my tummy was still a little, shall I say, sensitive, after the tsunami and all, so I could only gaze longingly at her cup as she sipped away & dream about the latte I would have tomorrow.




We did go back the following day & with my tummy issues sorted this little lady had her latte & drank it too. x




No comments:

Post a Comment