Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

A Stripey Shed in the CBD


 I love it when you stumble across a little gem that's been right underneath your nose but you've never really noticed it.  I'm talking about Knock Knock 

If it wasn't for the funky striped little shed that grabbed our attention from the other side of the road well we still might be none the wiser.  Although to be honest this bad boy plonked in the middle of the CBD was an attention seeker and would have been hard to miss.



  
 

Walking through the front door was like stepping back in time...


 and right into Barbie's Playground.  They were everywhere! 

  
  
Even Ken was frocked up in his pretty pink party dress!  Unsure what had gone on the night before or if that was merely his regular attire (no judgement here), but whatever had gone down he was looking mighty pleased with himself.  The dude looked like a lady, but the angle of his legs said otherwise.  Really Ken, some decorum please...you frock up, you keep your legs together...people are eating!


Actually the more I thought about it the more I suspected something had definitely gone down last night.  Satin Pants was out cold, however on the up side she had pants on...nicely done (Ken you could learn a thing or two from Satin).

 

The freshly baked food looked absolutely delicious, and when I spotted the supersized yo-yos (they looked like they were on steroids!) and the vanilla slices (or mille feuilles as I now like to refer to them) it took me right back to my childhood.  You'll have to trust me re the yo-yos as I think the whole Ken situation had me a little frazzled and I forgot to take a pic...oops.



Gorgeous day to sit outside which was probably just as well as if we had have been inside the temptation may have been too great and we could have buckled and ordered a mille feuille.  However showing superb control we ordered lattes only and the coffee was great.

  


If you're up for a real retro experience head to Knock Knock as the super friendly staff will make you feel very welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy the coffee.

We'll certainly be back to try a mille feuille as that custard looked to die for, and after all we will need to check up on Ken.  He's a definite worry that one. x

No comments:

Post a Comment